Thursday 22 November 2012

Scarring up the world


     Well, we just completed our second game of RISK: Legacy, and it was a well-fought battle all around. Joining me was Andrew Price, as 'Die Mechaniker' faction (Red) and Andrew Slater using the 'Saharan Republic' faction (Tan) for this game I used 'Khan Industries' (Grey)

We didn't bother photographing the first 2-3 turns because we basically just chose starting positions and consolidated our power bases here we go:

Andrew P, with a flair for poetic justice, decided the red army should start in russia, and in his subsequent turns fortified the heck out of europe

Andrew S quickly grabbed Australia and made a push all the way up to Kamatcha, mostly to contest my continental-jog to North America

I greedily sped my through Africa and South America, spreading myselfa little thin, BUT keeping my main borders aswell-defendedasI could Manage

Andrew P made a push for Kamatcha, because at the end of my turn a 3 resource card came up, giving him the oppourtunity to escalate our border patrols

Andrew S spreads out across asia, with india being hotly contestedby all factions to obtain those precious resource cards

I sneak my way across North America in a bid to grab land and hopefully assault Iceland in the near future



Andrew P breaks my stranglehold on North Africa, severly hampering my recruitment drive, and mercifully leaves Brazil untouched, he attempts a few minor coups on his Asian/European Border, but get pushed back to europe

Andrew S conquers nearly all of asia and gets a foothold in North America

I add just enough force to reclaim the african continent and added just a little to North America to discourage expansion by Andrew S


Andrew P cashed in some resource cards and tons of artillery appeared on the boarders of Europe, I learned that shouting "fortress europe" while defending Europe will drastically improve dice rolls.

Andrew S enforced an Ammo shortage in afganisatan and claims several more territories, after several unsuccessful attempts on Russia he decidedto keep a strong border

I finally kicked Andrew out of North America but I was unable to conquer the whole continent becuase I didn't have troops to spare fighting partisans in Toronto (the NEW capital of Canada) I was finally able to push in to Europe and deny Andrew his 5 army bonus and hopefully outpace him in the arms race.




Andrew P's forces are dwindling but his few strong territories are able to gurantee him a win by cashing in resource cards for victory Stars, despite being surrounded he can win very soon,

more unsuccessful raids on Russia and a string of bad luck attempting to engage forces in india have left Andrew S's forces broken and scattered his best bet is to pile everything into indonesia and bunker down and wait for someone else to slip up

I had tried to force an ammo shortage when I was stationed in Greenland, after Andrew attemped to invade butbeing the attacking player he was able to take priority and place a bunker which not only meant my ammo shortage was cancelled but also it was going to be very tough to claim, After some incredibly lucky rolling I broke in, last turn I ammassed troops in China and india and blitzed through south asia and indonesia and since I still had my ammo shortage, I could accomplish two tasks 1, claim Andrew S's HQ and 2 make Austraila amuch more challengeing prospect to hold in all future games.


The ammo shortage in Afganistan was pivotal to the game, this territory changed hands numerours times even over the course of 2-3 turns



Europe is MUCH more appealing now, the Bunker in Iceland held strong for several rounds in battle, but eventually it fell.



The ammo shortage in Indonesia was game-breaking, it let me grab my third star, and will have reprecussions for future games making Australia slightly moretricky to hold

Player Rewards: Japan was already a 3-resource territory but Andrew S' Troops held outso well he decided to upgrade it, with an additional resource, Japan will be a target to occupy in future games.









Andrew P founded the minor city of Cardiff in great Britain. Now when players try to claim Great Britain, they will lose 1troop due to resistance, BUT it will contribute 1 population, (effectively counting as two territories in one!)














 My reward was to Name the Continent of North America, hence forth North America shall be knows as: NEO-CANADA!
My bonus for doing so is; If I conquer all of 'Neo Canada' in any future game,I get an additional +1 bonus to the number of armies levied.




And just because it's been a while since I've showcased any work; here is my in-progress 'Miss-terious' forthe Malifaux painting contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment